Submissions must be made via laptop or desktop computer;
work can not be submitted from a tablet computer or smartphone.
work can not be submitted from a tablet computer or smartphone.
- Category A：Single photo(單張作品)
- Category B：Photo story (two to five images that present a theme or idea.)(2~5張系列作品)
- Category C：Photographic Video (45 seconds in length)(45秒的影片)
- Category D：Motion Snapshot (a special award category cerebrating the release of the advanced interchangeable lens camera Nikon 1, using its "Motion Snapshot" function.)(動態攝影，現用nikon 1 拍攝)
Awards and Prizes 獎項
- Grand Prize:(特等獎：共一名，獎杯，100萬日圓獎品，官網上露出)
- 1 award. The winner will receive a trophy(獎杯), Nikon products equivalent to 1,000,000 yen and the opportunity to show his or her portfolio on the Nikon Photo Contest Website. *1
- 1st place:（第一名：每一類別各1名，獎杯與50萬日圓獎品，在官網上展覽的機會）
- 1 award per category. The winners will receive a trophy, Nikon products equivalent to 500,000 yen and the opportunity to show their portfolios on the Nikon Photo Contest Website.*1
- 2nd place:（第二名：每一類別各5名，獎杯與20萬日圓獎品）
- 5 awards per category. The winners will receive a trophy and Nikon products equivalent to 200,000 yen.
- 3rd place:（第三名：每一類別各十名，獎杯與10萬日圓獎品）
- 10 awards per category. The winners will receive a trophy and Nikon products equivalent to 100,000 yen.
- NIKKOR Award:(Nikkor賞：1名，使用nikkor鏡頭拍攝之作品，獎杯與100萬獎品)
- 1 award. This prize goes to the photographer producing the best work using a NIKKOR lens. The winner will receive a trophy and 1,000,000 yen.
- DELL Award:(Dell 賞，100萬日圓獎品)
- A cash award of 100,000 yen to the first place finisher in each category.
- 1st place:(第1名：共三名，獎杯，20萬日圓獎品)
- 3 awards. The winners will receive a trophy and Nikon products equivalent to 200,000 yen.
- Participants Award for Most Popular Entry:
- 1 award. The winner will receive a trophy and 500,000 yen.
Prizes are subject to change without notice and cannot be exchanged, transferred or redeemed for cash.
*1 The winners of the Grand Prize and 1st place prize will have an opportunity to exhibit additional work in the awards website. Winners are requested to submit, free of charge, a selection of other works for which they hold the copyright. Prizes will not be revoked if winners decline to exhibit additional work. Winners will be contacted directly with additional details regarding the prizes.
2012/12/1(Saturday)-2013/2/28(Thursday)(closes at 1:00 p.m. Japan standard time)
- Entries for categories A and B are limited to a total of ten works; for example, two entries in the single photo category and one entry of four photographs in the composite category would total six works.(A組與B組最多合計十張作品)
- The same works or portions of the same works cannot be submitted to both categories A and B.
- Entrants can submit one entry in each of categories C and D. This can be done on top of entries to Categories A and B.
- Entry is limited to original works that have not formerly been displayed or exhibited and to which the entrant holds all applicable rights. Works that have won prizes in other contests or that have been submitted to other contests currently underway are not eligible. Works that are entered in other competitions after submitting to this contest will not be eligible.
All categories are open to any subject matter.
Categories A and B
- Image data files created with digital still cameras (including medium and large-format cameras). Images that have been retouched using software or by other means will be accepted. Both color and monochrome images will be accepted. (Scans of photographs taken by film cameras are not eligible.)(不能使用底片相機)
- File format: JPEG
- File size per JPEG: more than 1500 x 2100 pixels/more than 150dpi/Up to 20 MB（1500x2100以上，20MB以下）
- The standard color space for the judging process is sRGB.
- Winners may be requested to provide higher resolution images for publication or display purposes related to the contest.
- Movie files created using the movie-recording feature of digital still cameras (including medium and large-format cameras).
- Length: 45 seconds
- File size: Up to 200 MB
- File format: MOV only
- Any music used must either be copyright-free and performed and recorded by the entrant or a person designated by the entrant (commercial recordings of copyright-free music may not be used) or be works for which the entrant holds the copyright and for which the copyright has not been transferred to a copyright collective or other body.
- Motion Snapshot files created with the Nikon 1. Only one file may be submitted per entrant.
- File format: MOV
How to Enter (如何參加：上網送件)
After carefully reading all the information on this page, click the "Submit" button at the bottom, fill out the entry form, upload your work and submit.
- After the first round of judging, all entries will be posted onto this website (planned timing: April, 2013). Awards will be decided after second round (April), and final round (June) of judging. Contest results are scheduled to be announced on this website in August 2013. 第一輪評審過後，作品會公布再網頁上(2013 四月)
- Everyone who has entered the contest has a right to vote for the "Participants Award for Most Popular Entry". Details will be announced on this website.
Notification to Winners (2013 七月初會公布結果)
- The winners will be notified through email by early July 2013.
Winners are requested to review the documents sent to them separately via E-mail from the organizer (including a local Nikon office or authorized Nikon distributor) and, in the event they accept the terms and conditions, to fill out the required items, sign the form (or, if replying by E-mail accept the terms and conditions electronically as specified in the E-mail message) and deliver them to the organizer either by mail or through electronic means on or before the date stated in the documents. Winners may be contacted by telephone should the organizer deem it necessary to confirm any of the information provided.
Please note that failure to respond within 14 days of the date, on which the organizer sends the notification E-mail, whether due to server malfunction or any other cause, will result in disqualification. Entrants should therefore notify the organizer of any changes to their E-mail addresses using the entry page on this website. The organizer does not accept liability for any disadvantages that may arise as the result of inability to receive E-mail.
There is an exhibition to be held of all awarded works, place and date to be determined.
2010-2011 Grand Prize